"Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
Growing up a child of the 70s, one of my favourite TV shows was The Incredible Hulk. Yes the cheesy Lou Ferigno Hulk. I used to wait impatiently for the brilliant and mild mannered Dr. Bruce Banner to get angry and morph into the raging Hulk. For anyone with kids this kind of transformation is common place. Sometimes it’s one of the kids hulking up, once in while it’s me (or I feel like hulking up), or in those rare circumstances there may even be a clash of the hulks. With the recent release of the new Avengers movie (which includes the Incredible Hulk), and all the movie trailers, and other paraphenelia that come with one of these movies, Jack has taken a liking to the Hulk. So in honour of Jack’s new favourite superhero, here are a few ways my son is like the Hulk.
1) Jack is a man-child, he just turned 3 and most of his clothes are a size 5. He is literally hulking out of a size 3.
2) Just try and wake Jack up from a slumber, and you will witness a first hand hulking rage. Unlike the Hulk TV show there are no commercial breaks.
3) Jack’s favourite colour is green, I have no way to confirm this but I will assume this is also the Hulk’s favourite colour.
4) After unleashing his Hulking fury, Jack transforms back into a very polite, considerate, and happy 3 year old. He even announces he is Happy Jack now. The Hulk usually just lies naked in the fetal position after his rage is done, so I guess we got lucky on this one.
5) “You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry”, the famous quote from the 2003 Hulk movie applies to both characters.