1. Call ahead and find a place that is able to pierce both ears at the same time. We went to Claire's.
2. Be prepared to fork out $60.00 when all is said and done.
3. It is helpful if the person who is getting her ears pierced has someone they admire watching the proceedings. By complete fluke, an older friend of Sarah's was there before and during the piercing. Sarah admires this girl very much. When her ears were pierced she barely flinched and put on a brave face.
4. Have many cotton swabs and q-tips on hand for post piercing care.
5. Be prepared to clean the newly pierced ears three times a day for six weeks.
6. If all else fails and she doesn't want her ears cleaned three times a day, get her to clean your ears and teach her to clean and twist her own.
7. Get all on video so you can pull it out as needed to remind her that she is tough as nails.