It's that time again. Time to for some listicle action. This week's list topic challenge was issued by Greta. She wants us to fess up and come clean about all of those things we said we would NEVER do before we mothers. Well this should be easy because I was the best mother in the world to the most perfect children in the world before I had kids of my own.
Here is my list of things I said I would never do as a parent:
1. I will never co-sleep. I used to think co-sleeping would prevent me from sleeping. The truth is sometimes I co-slept to actually get sleep.
2. I will not breastfeed my babies to sleep. At the beginning, was there any other way?
3. I will not use candy and other treats as a bribe.
4. There will not be a DVD player in the car. O.k. we can get a DVD player for the car, but only for long car trips. Is a ten minute drive considered a long car trip?
5. My daughter's hair will be impeccable when we leave the house and she will wear all sorts of cute barrettes and ribbons. I had not met my daughter when this grand idea flitted through my head.
6. I will not use rewards or time outs in my parenting and I will follow Alfie Kohn's Unconditional Parenting to the letter.
7. I will not be a short order cook and make different meals than the one we are eating.
8. I will not get sucked into the abyss of talking exclusively about my kids. While on maternity leave, I found this difficult because I had nothing else to talk about.
9. My children will not wear their pajamas out of the house.
10. I will not say, "because I said so" in response to the question, "why?"
What's on your list?