Yesterday afternoon, I did my hair, put on makeup and changed my outfit three times. It was nervous tension and excitement all rolled into one. I was getting ready to meet some fellow mommy bloggers for what is being referred to as the Mother of all Tweet Ups. The get together included:
Amanda from Lilahbility
Bianca from Bits of Bee
Bruna from Bees with Honey
Nadia from Mama and the City
Stasha from The Good Life
Sue from Cookie's Chronicles
I have gotten to know these lovely ladies on twitter through 140 character bursts of chatter and through reading their blogs. But aside from my friend, Amanda, I had never met them in person. As I drove to dinner, I imagined what it would be like. I hoped that I wouldn't trip and fall as I approached the table or spend the whole night smiling with spinach in my teeth. I am happy to report that I did not trip and if there was any spinach in my teeth, it was gone by the time I got home. It was a great evening. So much fun to chat with fellow bloggers about blogging and life in general.
Here are my reflections about the Mother of all Tweet Ups:
1. Meeting people you have only ever chatted with online can feel like a first date.
2. I do like hugs.
3. I really need a pair of black boots.
4. Martial arts is definitely something I would like to look into for my kids.
5. While I think I know about blogger domains and design, I have a lot to learn.
6. When it comes to sleep and kids, we all have our trials and it feels good to share those stories and know you are not alone.
7. There are very steep hills in White Rock. Remind me to never go roller blading there.
8. When you go to a Tweet Up, you may not tweet at all.
9. A night out with a group of women that you have a lot in common with, is not only fun, but also inspiring.
10. How soon until we can do it again?
It is Friday and I like meeting new friends, so I am linking up this post with our lovely host Bruna and Let's BEE Friends. Head over to meet some new friends and read some favourite posts from the past week.