Here is what I learned in the month of December:
1. There are lots of amazing activities to do around the city to get in the holiday spirit. A big cup of the Festival of Lights at VanDusen Gardens, a large helping of the Bright Nights' Train in Stanley Park along with a dash of Gingerbread Lane and a pinch of the Festival of Trees and you have all the ingredients for good Christmas cheer.
2. Homemade oreo cookies are much better than their store bought counterparts.
3. It is not a new concept, but sleep is important and being well rested makes all the difference in the world.
4. Working full time outside the home is doable. I worked full time the last week before winter vacation and the part I hated the most was getting both kids fed, dressed and out of the house each morning by 7:30 a.m. As a result, Sarah went to daycare in her pajamas two days that week.
5. I am happy to work part time for a couple more years.
6. I should take a few pages from Sarah's book of life and do things the Sarah way.
7. While chaotic, decorating a Christmas tree with kids is so much fun. I loved watching them
8. Decorating sugar cookies with my kids will always be on my holiday to do list.
9. Ice skating is a fun family outing. Sarah took to the ice in skates for the first time and really liked it. It was fun seeing the enjoyment on her face and her confidence grow each time we went.
10. Experiencing Christmas with your kids is a little like being a kid all over again.
What did you learn this month?